The time has finally arrived – you’re heading off at the end of the week to Central America for an amazing 3 month adventure! We are so excited for you!
Please read the following information carefully, as it contains all the details you’ll need for a successful, stress-free day of travel. You’ve likely seen much of this information before, but please read everything carefully so you don’t miss anything!
Meeting up with your Dragons group:
- Plan to arrive no later at the Miami Airport (MIA) no later than 5 pm on September 15th.
- With your bags in hand, please proceed directly to the American Airlines Ticketing Counter (Concourse D, Level 2).
- Your fellow group members will be wearing their Dragons t-shirts and awaiting your arrival.
- Dragons representatives, Miriam Payne and Kristen Gianaris, will be present at the airport to oversee all group departures and will help ensure your group is ready to go!
If you are having trouble finding your group:
If you have trouble locating the rest of the group, please call our central Boulder office at 303-413-0822 during business hours (M-F 9:00–5:00, MDT). If it is after hours, please call 303-921-6078. We will be on call to help you connect with the group.
Departure Day Reminders:
- Carry your passport with you at all times!
- Print these meet-up instructions and keep them with you.
- Wear your Dragons t-shirt!
Departing Flight information:
American Airlines #993
Departs: Miami, USA at 6:03 pm
Arrives: Managua, Nicaragua at 6:50 pm
Your student leader:
Your student leader is Annabelle Sharenow.
Student leaders will:
- Collect and carry all student passports, from just after the security checkpoint in the US until just before immigration in your destination country.
- Why? Passports are far less likely to be lost when they’re all in one place!
- Take a great photo of students’ smiling faces once you’ve gathered at the gate.
- Why? We’ll post this photo to the Yak Board to let parents know that students are on their way!
- Communicate any potential difficulties with the Boulder Admin Office.
- Why? We ask students to leave their cell phones behind, but it’s helpful for one student to carry a phone on travel days. Student Leaders carry cell phones while traveling, but will turn their phone over to their instructors upon arrival.
We could have easily chosen any one of you, so please help your student leader with their tasks as your travel progresses.
If you encounter any travel difficulties, such as missed flights or lost baggage, please get in touch with the Boulder Admin Team. We are here to help!
Monday-Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Mountain: 303-413-0822
After hours on student travel days: 303-921-6078
Best wishes for a memorable journey for each and every one of you!
~ The Boulder Admin Team