Dear Ashrams and Artisans 2018 participants,
Welcome to the Dragons community and your course’s Yak Board!
You can think of your Yak Board as an online group journal and virtual bulletin board.
- Pre-course, your instructors will use the board to introduce themselves, post information pertinent to your course and respond to any of your pre-course departure questions.
- On course, you can use the Yak Board to share photos with your fans back home, jot down vignettes of your life abroad, or share longer reflections about anything that crosses your path. In many ways, your Yak Board will become a collaborative journal, curated by members of your group and enjoyed by your friends and family back home.
- Post-course, your Yak Board remains a place to post your reflections once you return home.
A few quick notes about posting:
- All Yak Board posts need to be approved by a Dragons staff member before they’re visible on the site, so please be patient after you post – you’ll see your post soon!
- The Yak Board is primarily designed as a medium for participants to share their experience from the field. Therefore, it is not possible to comment on a Yak or directly respond to a post on the board. We encourage your friends and family to email you directly if they want to be in touch.
With your course just around the corner, we are excited to begin the final stages of course preparation with you. Launching your course’s Yak Board marks the first step towards building your course community, as this interface will help us bridge great geographic distances and connect you with your course instructors, your fellow Dragons participants, and the Boulder Admin Team.
You can expect your instructors to introduce themselves shortly. We look forward to reading more about you in the coming weeks as well. So, please use the Yak Board as an opportunity to dive in and start building a new community.
All the best,
Shannon and Megan