The time has finally arrived – you’re heading off to Southeast Asia for an amazing 3 month adventure! We are so excited for you!
Please read the following information carefully, as it contains all the details you’ll need for a successful, stress-free day of travel. You’ve likely seen much of this information before, but please read everything carefully so you don’t miss anything!
Meeting up with your Dragons group:
- Plan to arrive at the LAX Renaissance Airport Hotel no later than 5:00pm on Wednesday, February 7th, 2018.
- For students traveling to the hotel by the free airport shuttle, remember to exit the terminal and wait under the sign for hotel shuttles, looking for a black bus with Renaissance Hotel written on the side. It should run about every 20 minutes. If the shuttle does not arrive for some reason, please call 310-337-2800 to request shuttle service from the hotel.
- Our Dragons Representatives, Petal Niles & Josh Scal, will be waiting for students to arrive at the Renaissance Airport hotel starting at 1:00pm. Signage to the group meeting location should be clear upon entering the lobby of the hotel.
- Upon arriving to the hotel, students will be connected with their fellow group members. Dinner will be ordered to the hotel and then the group will depart together from the hotel via shuttle to the terminal to check-in to their flight as a group with the assistance of Petal and Josh.
If you are having trouble finding the hotel/your group:
If you have trouble locating the hotel or the group in the hotel, please call our central Boulder office at 303-413-0822. We will be on call to help you connect with the group.
Departure Day Reminders:
- Carry your passport with you at all times!
- Print these meet-up instructions and keep them with you.
- Wear your Dragons t-shirt!
Departing Flight information:
Cathay Pacific #881
Departs: Los Angeles (LAX) at 11:50 pm
Arrives: Hong Kong (HKG) at 7:40am (+2 days, Feb 9th)
Cathay Pacific #5208
Departs: Hong Kong (HKG) at 9:05 am
Arrives: Phnom Penh (PNH) at 10:45 am
Your student leader:
Your student leader is Robbie Marcus.
Student leaders will:
- Collect and carry all student passports, from just after the security checkpoint in the US until just before immigration in your destination country.
- Why? Passports are far less likely to be lost when they’re all in one place!
- Take a great photo of students’ smiling faces once you’ve gathered at the gate.
- Why? We’ll post this photo to the Yak Board to let parents know that students are on their way!
- Communicate any potential difficulties with the Boulder Admin Office.
- Why? We ask students to leave their cell phones behind, but it’s helpful for one student to carry a phone on travel days. Student Leaders carry cell phones while traveling, but will turn their phone over to their instructors upon arrival.
We could have easily chosen any one of you, so please help your student leader with their tasks as your travel progresses.
If you encounter any travel difficulties, such as missed flights or lost baggage, please get in touch with the Boulder Admin Team by calling 303-413-0822. We are here to help!
Best wishes for a memorable journey for each and every one of you!
~ The Boulder Admin Team