Hello Families and Friends,
Below is the remainder of the BYIndia’s Ladakh Itinerary:
- As previously noted, from April 30-May 6, the group will be at SECMOL (the Students’ Educational and Cultural Movement of Ladakh) in Phey.
- On May 6th evening, the group will stay at the Lukhil Guest House in Likir Village. They will participate in a smokeless cookstove workshop and pizza making party with locals from the community.
- From May 7th to May 12th the group will do a trek through the Sham Valley in Ladakh. HERE are some images of the general region. In total, the group will walk from Likir Village to Takmochik.
- On May 12th, the group will begin their rural homestays with families from Takmochik and students will have 3 nights to learn about and integrate themselves into their new Ladakhi family units.
- From May 15th to May 16th, the group will be based in Leh again at the Jigmet Guest House.
- From May 17th to May 22nd the students will participate in a meditation retreat at Ladakh Dhamma House in Stok, Ladakh.
- For May 22nd and 23rd nights, the group will return to Leh and the Jigmet Guest House
- The group will depart from Leh on May 24th and will fly back to Delhi for a night.
- From May 25th to May 29th, the group will return to Sonapani where they will participate in their final transference workshops.
- On May 30th the group will return to Delhi, and on May 31st students will depart on their international flights.
We will send additional updates as they become available. As we mentioned before, phone and internet communication can sometimes be sporadic. Due to this, the students will have less overall connectivity during the month of May. However, staff will maintain regular contact with the Dragons office and risk management team.
Bridge Year Program Director