As I am getting ready for our trip, I have come up with a few questions I would love some help with.
- Will we be able to buy adaptors for camera and kindle chargers in country or should we look for them here? If yes, is there one type that would work for all three countries?
- Should we bring our lonely planet guidebooks?
- Will we be able to get new batteries on course for things like a watch or a headlamp? Or should we bring extra with us?
- Do we need a backpack cover for our day packs in case it rains?
Thanks for your questions.
- The adapters are the same as the US for China, Thailand, Laos and Cambodia, so there’s likely no need to buy anything. If you’re coming from somewhere else then look into a multi travel adaptor with all the socket combinations and USB ports.
- You can if you want to but it’s not a requirement. They are a bit heavy to be honest but it’s nice to have a paper copy sometimes. If you bring it you can always donate it when it becomes irrelevant.
- You can easily find batteries in-country but to save you some stress feel free to bring a spare pair from home. Just 2-3 will do (depending on how many you need).
- Not really. If it’s raining that much your instructors will try to find shelter. It’s a better idea to bring zip lock bags to put the things you don’t want to get wet into in case it rains.
Southeast Asia Program Director.