Back to
Photo by Sampor Burke, Mekong Semester.

Q&A: Questions

Hi, I had two questions which came up in the last couple of days:

1. I currently don’t have a valid student ID, don’t want to bring my European ID (I need to keep it at home in case I lose my passport), and don’t have a drivers license. Is there any other card I could bring/is it okay if I don’t bring one?

2. I’m thinking of bringing my ukulele since it’s a pretty light travel instrument, but was wondering if this is too much of a hassle/if you have experience with this.



Hi Nina,

  1. Don’t worry about a student ID if you don’t have one. If you have any ID card (library etc) with your name and photo on it it can also work. But it’s not a requirement to bring a student ID (it’s just a perk)
  2. You’re more than welcome to being a ukulele! It may get a little damaged on the way but it’s a welcomed instrument on all of our programs 🙂