Hello intrepid CSA Nepal students,
Your journey is right around the corner and your field staff can’t wait to meet you! Below is a reminder about your day-of travel details.
Should you need to reach our staff during travel days (both during AND outside of normal office hours), please call our office at 303-413-0822 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com with “TRAVEL DAY -COLLEGE NEPAL” in the subject line. If you call, you can always ask to speak directly to Cara or Shino and we can do our best to support you.
Carry ON the Plane:
Please carry the following with you on the plane (not in your checked luggage).
- Your passport with you and leave a copy of your passport information page with a trusted person.
- A print out of your flight itinerary along with any contact numbers for your airline.
- The tags you get for your baggage with you in case luggage is lost and you need to make a claim.
- A print out of the “Arrival, Immigration, & Custom Information” Yak post (found HERE). Keep these with your passport so you have the information easily accessible.
- Emergency cash & sufficient cash for your visa
- Phone numbers for your bank and/or credit card
- Phone numbers for your study abroad or academic advisor
- All valuable items
- Any prescription medications
- Basic hygiene supplies for travel and in case luggage is lost.
- On your way to Nepal, reach out to Cara or Shino if there are any problems with your flights – including any flight cancellations, delays, missed flights etc. This is particularly important if any delay will result in your not being on the final leg of your travels to Kathmandu.
- As noted in the “Arrival” Yak, once in Nepal, you can reach out to Sharon if you are having a difficult time locating the driver or have other issues: (+977) 981-009-5702 or (+977) 980-799-4661 (977 is the country for Nepal – if you are calling from a Nepalese cell phone you borrow, you do not need to dial the 977).
- Wear your Dragons t-shirt for easy identification!