Sam and I are periodistas this week. As promised, here are some prompts to get you thinking about possible yaks to write!
- Many of us are in awe of the program house´s book collection. Which books did you read? Which was your favourite? Have you noticed any correlations between the book´s teachings and the lessons learnt during the course?
- During our charla, Wascar said (paraphrased) ¨We often learn our identities through our difference. I am this and you are not.¨ What differences have you noticed between yourself and Bolivians and how does this correlate with your identity?
- What is one aspect of Bolivian life that you would like to bring back with you?
- Here are two quotes from one of the program house´s books which a couple of us have read. What comes to mind or what do you think of when you hear these?
- ¨Look like to me only a fool would want you to talk in a way that feel peculiar to your mind¨ – Celie, The Colour Purple
- ¨Oh Celie, unbelief is a terrible thing. And so is the hurt we cause other´s unknowingly¨ – Nettie, The Colour Purple
- Privilege is a reoccurring concept in this program. What does privilege mean to you and how has this concept become more or less clear to you in Bolivia?
Happy yakking everyone!