As I pack my bag (I am moving out of my house, will explain when we meet, so I have to pack sooner!) I wanted to let you know a few things I bring anywhere I go:
- Rain jacket
- 1 warm layer- I am bringing a small puffy jacket that packs down
- 1 pair of jeans (they just make me happy)
- Yoga pants of some sort (we will be doing lots of yoga, so bring something you can be comfortable in)
- some photos of my friends and family (homestay families love looking at these) ideally have these printed out and in some sort of photo book or in your journal
- I am bringing a small sleeping bag, this is not necessary but if you have a really small one it can be nice
- sandals (I am also bringing my boots, I recommend either boots or sneakers)
- A few of your favorite snacks that you can share with your homestay families (and for you 🙂
- A few homestay gifts (We will be staying with 2 homestay families, I am making some incense perfume-its super easy!)
- A book to exchange with others
- A journal
- A camera (nice since we will recommend not having your phone on you)
- A purse and/or small backpack that collapses into my bag (so nice to walk around day to day with)
- Feminine hygiene products (these are incredibly hard to find, bring enough for your entire stay)
- Plenty of underwear and socks so I am not dying to do the laundry at any point (we will be doing laundry, but I always like to pack enough to not stress too soon about it)
- Enough space for gifts that you can bring back home (Do not over stuff your bag, India has most things you need)
- Water bottle (A big one that is at least 32 ounces is nice, or even a camel back)
- Water filtration: I always bring a Steripen anywhere I go, I will have one with me that I am happy to share as well as some drops that filter out all viruses and bacteria (my favorites are SweetWater and Aquamira), but it is a nice thing to own eventually!
What I recommend not bringing:
- Anything you are so attached to you will be really upset about having stolen/lost/broken. Things happen while you travel, it is best not to bring anything you are too attached to
- Revealing clothing (India is not the place for it)
This is all I can think of that is really important that I try to bring to any trips.
See you in a few weeks!!