Hello intrepid Civic Semester Peru students,
Your journey is right around the corner and your field staff can’t wait to meet you! Below is a reminder about your day-of travel details.
Should you need to reach our staff during travel days (both during AND outside of normal office hours), please call our office at 303-413-0822 or email: [email protected] with “TRAVEL DAY – CIVIC SEMESTER PERU” in the subject line. If you call, you can always ask to speak directly to Cara.
CARRY ON THE PLANE:
Please carry the following with you on the plane (not in your checked luggage).
- Your passport with you and leave a copy of your passport information page with a trusted person.
- A print out of your flight itinerary along with any contact numbers for your airline.
- The tags you get for your baggage with you in case luggage is lost and you need to make a claim.
- A print out of the “Arrival Instructions” Yak post (found HERE). Keep these with your passport so you have the information easily accessible.
- A print out of the “VISA AND ARRIVAL INSTRUCTIONS” PDF shared with you previously in Box.
- Emergency cash
- Phone numbers for your bank and/or credit card
- All valuable items
- Any prescription medications
- Basic hygiene supplies for travel and in case luggage is lost.
- On your way to Peru, reach out to the Dragons office if there are any problems with your flights – including any flight cancellations, delays, missed flights etc. This is particularly important if any delay will result in your not being on the final leg of your travels to Cuzco.
- Wear your Dragons t-shirt for easy identification!