Dear Fall 2019 Tufts Civic Semester Peru students,
Welcome to your program’s Yak Board! You can think of your program’s Yak Board as an online group journal and virtual bulletin board.
- Pre-program, you will use the Yak Board to introduce yourself and ask questions about your program. Field staff will also introduce themselves; additionally, you can expect to see itinerary information, packing list updates, and responses to any of your pre-departure questions.
- On- program, you can use the Yak Board to share photos with your fans back home, jot down vignettes of your life abroad, or share longer reflections about your unexpected adventures on an overnight train, at a meditation retreat, at your homestay sister’s birthday party…anything that that crosses your path. It’s hard to capture everything that happens over the course of a semester, or expect to share it all for the first time when you arrive home. Your Yak Board will become a collaborative journal, curated by members of your group and enjoyed by your friends and family back home.
- Post-program, your Yak Board remains a big adventure log that commemorates your group’s experiences abroad.
A few quick notes about posting:
- All Yak Board posts need to be approved by a Dragons staff member before they’re visible on the site, so please be patient after you post – you’ll see your post soon!
- While every effort will be made to update the Yak Board regularly, during excursions or busy periods of the program, it’s not unusual for the Yak Board to be silent for a week or so. Please try not to worry as this is normal.
- The Yak Board is primarily designed as a medium for students to share their experience from the field. Therefore, it is not possible to comment on a Yak or directly respond to a student’s post on the Yak Board. We encourage friends or family members to email students directly to share your thoughts on a post.
With program start just around the corner, we are excited to begin the final stages of program preparation with you. Launching your program’s Yak Board marks the first step towards building your semester community, as this interface will help us bridge great geographic distances and connect you with your program instructors, your fellow students, and the Tufts and Dragons Admin Team.
Your field staff will introduce themselves here shortly and we encourage you to also post an introduction of yourself! We look forward to reading more about you in the coming weeks as well, so please use the Yak Board as an opportunity to dive in and start building a new community.
All the best,
The Dragons Admin Team