Hello everyone, from sunny and chilly Dhulikhel, where your isntructors are hard at work tweaking the final details of this course! We are working on logistical details, honing our skills as educators, and eating lots of daal bhaat! While going through our itinerary and thinking about our team vision for the course, we brainstormed a list of key qualities which we aspire to have helped everyone to cultivate by the end of our journey:
- New perspectives
- Artistic expression
- Silliness and fun!
- Cultural immersion
- Facing new challenges
- Safety and health
- Personal growth
- Becoming rooted in this new place
- Cultivating global engagement, awareness of self, and leadership skills
- Respect for others, self, and place
- Focusing not on getting all the answers but rather on asking better questions
- Sense of accomplishment
- Positive momentum going forward
- New interests
- New skills
- Compassion, love, and happiness!
See you soon!
Alena, Tsheten, and Nick